Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M Web Driver

I own a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) that has Intel HD 4000 Graphics and Nvidia GeForce GT 650M Graphics card on board. The web drive issue has been around since 2018 and I needed to finally update to the latest release. The question is this, is Apple ever going to release or allow Nvidia to release their updated Web Driver so those of us that are used to utilizing our Nvidia cards can do when we play games?

I have tried the work around here: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1025945/mac-cuda-driver-fully-compatible-with-macos-high-sierra-10-13-error-quot-update-required-quot-solved-/

Did not solve my issue. I just want to utilize my Nvidia card again. This Mac has lasted me 7 years and I really love having it. If I have to upgrade to a newer model, I'll find a way to afford it but I don't want to go the Hackintosh route at all.

Thanks for reading.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 28, 2019 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 2:41 PM

Ocean 17 wrote:

My graphics card is not listed as Mojave compatible (I'm on a 2012 retina MacBook Pro) and without any NVidia updates it is getting a bit tight to have an Nvidia card in your computer.

Both graphic cards used in 2012 MPB (Intel HD4000 and GeForce GT 650M) are Mojave compatible. No CUDA (no webdriver) under Mojave, but your 2012 MPB is supported on Mojave (Metal).

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2019 2:41 PM in response to Ocean 17

Ocean 17 wrote:

My graphics card is not listed as Mojave compatible (I'm on a 2012 retina MacBook Pro) and without any NVidia updates it is getting a bit tight to have an Nvidia card in your computer.

Both graphic cards used in 2012 MPB (Intel HD4000 and GeForce GT 650M) are Mojave compatible. No CUDA (no webdriver) under Mojave, but your 2012 MPB is supported on Mojave (Metal).

May 28, 2019 12:04 PM in response to Cupara

I have been getting an error message for about two years every time I start up my computer. It always tells me to upgrade, and, at the same time, that there are no upgrades available.

I use DaVinci Resolve 15, and have simply disabled CUDA there.

The lack of updates is also the reason I'm not updating to Mojave. Developers have reported a much reduced graphic performance in Mojave for Nvidia graphics cards.

Nvidia on the other hand states it has the drivers, but Apple doesn't include them in the updates.

If any of these facts are wrong, I'd appreciate a correction. The problematic performance of my MacBook Pro with Davinci Resolve 15 might just be because of the dysfunctional Cuda.

May 28, 2019 3:08 PM in response to rudo.ba

Thanks. I wasn't sure about Metal. I set DaVinci Resolve - after turning off cuda - to Metal.

I gave that info under the original "solved" post here, but then took it off when I came across a list of Metal compatible cards and mine wasn't listed. That list was likely a list for workstation cards, which it wasn't listed. There are a lot of misleading "compatibility lists" on the web....

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M Web Driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.