Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using FCP X on Mac Book Pro (2015) with Mojave

I unfortunately upgraded to Mojave on my circa 2015 Mac Book Pro and as is with most "upgrades" it screwed up a lot of things on my computer. I also am aware of the nvidia apple wars currently going on and that Apple is trying to promote their Metal solution.

My question is that I dont have FCP X yet but thinking about purchasing this for my mac Book Pro 2015 with Mojave. Seeing that I cant even upgrade the Nvidia driver due to Apple not allowing this right now, is there going to be a problem if I were to purchase FCP X and the drivers are not updated? Or should I downgrade to High Sierra? I have some 3D editing I need to work on with FCP X

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:39 AM

FCP X works JUST FINE in Mojave (and Catalina as well) in macs with NVIDIA cards.

It is just that there are no CUDA drivers, só applications like Premiere or (I think) Resolve that might use CUDA may not perform as well as they otherwise might.

Similar questions

2 replies

Using FCP X on Mac Book Pro (2015) with Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.