Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still no cuda drivers for mojave? C'mon Apple! Dance w/ Those Wot Brung Ya!

Apple I love you but you do the silliest things sometimes. Like going to snit fit with nVidia about the Cuda thing?

I haven't been able to update them since High Sierra and it does seem to effect performance in FCPX rendering times.

This is really silly. Please kiss and make up w/ nVidia! Many of us have bought Macs since the first ones and we were there with you through the "dark years" but lately the Pro customer gets the short stick. Ports gone forcing us w/ outboard A/V gear to dongle dongle dongle our dongles in chains of dongles just to not quite get what we could hook up with a 2014 macbook pro.

Anyway... Anyone heard if they're ever going to have new Cuda drivers? So tired of this screen always popping up. At least make the screen go away!

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 12:37 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 14, 2020 5:47 AM in response to BoyOnTheBike

I couldn't tell you if the OS supports that card for Metal. I just know the chances of seeing any further CUDA drivers are essentially zero.

Rather than list what video hardware is supported, Apple lists which Macs do. The user would have to look up the specs on each device to see what that Mac is using.

And according to this article from about a year ago, Apple is deprecating the OpenGL portion of Metal. I guess that would leave only the newer OpenCL as the base driver component.

Sep 14, 2020 12:32 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

I guess I needed to kinda shout into the wind a bit. My 2014 mbpro has all the ports I need to run my audio and video outboard gear, hard drives, external monitor etc. and it still runs pretty well, but the Cuda drop of support does seem to slow my render times.

Kurt Lang you're not implying that Metal will use my nVidia Geforce GT 750M are you? The wikipedia article you linked to said this and I'm not totally sure how to parse it. "...NVIDIA GPUs are supported but Metal drivers for newer devices (10 Series and newer) are not available since macOS Mojave."

Thanks again

Still no cuda drivers for mojave? C'mon Apple! Dance w/ Those Wot Brung Ya!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.