Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVidia CUDA support on Mojave

Hi folks,

from what I can find on google, old discussions on this forum, NVidia website, CUDA is still not yet supported on Mojave. So developments which were possible on High Sierra are not possible anymore. I bought a Windows PC to be able to develop correctly such programs. Is there a hope of solution in some near future or is it the end of development taking full benefit from CUDA acceleration platform on Mac OS? I would understand that kind of decision (even if I bought my macbook pro when it worked fine with CUDA) but we have to know to know what kind of new laptop. I can't find any updated info on this topic.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 12:09 AM

you can suggest it using their feedback channel Product Feedback - Apple

but I think apple and nvidia had a bad falling out which is why no macs has been made with nvidia gpu in a while

2 replies

Aug 9, 2020 12:37 AM in response to Rudegar

yes i saw it for new models. But AMDs do not have yet the same integration level in Development frameworks. At least for now. It looks like planned obsolescence just to be sure that we'll wait a new model whereas the old one (but which still works great because it was the highest configuration possible) can't be used anymore at its full potential. When cloud computing won't be anymore an option I'll buy only Windows/Linux machines I guess.

But thanks you answered my question

NVidia CUDA support on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.