Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12.3.1 problems on iPhone 6plus

I updated my iPhone 6 plus to iOS 12.3 and since then my phones battery severely drains, runs really slowly and worst of all keeps rebooting. I then updated to iOS 12.3.1 thinking there would be a fix in the update and now my phone just constantly reboots with the apple logo appearing to flash on the screen.

The phone will now only work if I plug in the charger - without the charger it just keeps trying to reboot.

I have read online there are issues with iOS 12.3 / 12.3.1 on the 6 / 6plus models but nothing to help fix the problem.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 28, 2019 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 5:00 AM

If it doesn't work without being connected to power, my guess is that the battery or the controller of it is failing.

Schedule an appointment at a Genius Bar or an Authorized Service Provider for diagnostics.

13 replies

May 28, 2019 11:59 AM in response to sergekills

I've just tried to connect my iPhone to my Mac to do a back-up before restoring as you suggested. The iPhone just keeps rebooting when connected to my Mac - seems like it is not enough power to properly boot the iPhone.

If I then unplug and plug in the mains charger it then boots up and works as I said earlier. But this doesn't help me with backing up the phone and doing a restore.

Any suggestions?

May 29, 2019 7:07 AM in response to sergekills

That is what I have been trying but when I plug my iPhone to my MacBook Pro, it just keeps going into the reboot cycle with the Apple logo on the screen. Because it doesn't boot, the iPhone doesn't come up in iTunes.

The only way I can use the iPhone is when it is plugged into the mains charger or a power bank.

It seems as though the power sent from my MacBook Pro is not enough to boot it up

Thoughts?

Jun 23, 2019 5:31 AM in response to kpanchal

I had an iPhone 6 that kept doing that but I had dropped it & it fell hard on my ceramic tile floor face down. I took it to my Apple store & they couldn’t fix it, told me I needed a new phone. Well it so happened there was a repair store a few doors down from the Apple store at the mall, so I went in. The guy fixed it for $50 and I didn’t have to buy a new phone!

iOS 12.3.1 problems on iPhone 6plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.