Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is disabled and trying everything listed online but nothing works.. I conneted the ipad to the computer and when the apple file comes up it says its empty.. help anyone please

ipad when connect to computer says the file is empty, the reason I connected to computer is the ipad is disabled and says connect to itunes. Idon't use nor want itunes period.. anyone can help would be much appreciated.. thanks

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 28, 2019 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2019 12:51 PM

There isn't a work around. The Apple eco system is a closed system. The device was created to work with iTunes. If you want it to function again you will need to at least install iTunes to use with this iPad. Just because iTunes is on your computer, doesn't mean that you have to use it for anything else.

If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2019 12:51 PM in response to xjailer

There isn't a work around. The Apple eco system is a closed system. The device was created to work with iTunes. If you want it to function again you will need to at least install iTunes to use with this iPad. Just because iTunes is on your computer, doesn't mean that you have to use it for anything else.

If you see the Connect to iTunes screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

My ipad is disabled and trying everything listed online but nothing works.. I conneted the ipad to the computer and when the apple file comes up it says its empty.. help anyone please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.