Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flat rate charge?

I have an IPhone 7 which experienced the “No Service” issue. When researched I found it was a known issue that can be fixed for free due to it being on Apples part. I had no damage on the phone, still nearly new, but while going through the repair before signing I noticed the $319. I was informed it was incase they found any other issues with the device and that it’s standard, but if the phone has no other issues it will be $0 but the system won’t allow them to do just a free repair.

Is this normal? I normally go to my carrier where I have a repair plan but the Apple site states they cannot fix the issue.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 29, 2019 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 8:34 AM

Apple does not repair phones they do an out-of-warranty replacement. If they find say water damage in your iPhone that would be what they would charge to replace the iPhone. Or if you have had your iPhone repaired by a 3rd party repair site they would do the same. If they find no damage they will fix your iPhone and return it and there will be no charge.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2019 8:34 AM in response to GuyWith2Thumbs

Apple does not repair phones they do an out-of-warranty replacement. If they find say water damage in your iPhone that would be what they would charge to replace the iPhone. Or if you have had your iPhone repaired by a 3rd party repair site they would do the same. If they find no damage they will fix your iPhone and return it and there will be no charge.

Flat rate charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.