Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Late 2013) Randomly Shutting Off

My MacBook Pro keeps randomly shutting off. Seemingly no pattern to it, charging or not charging, lots of tabs/apps open and working hard or not really doing much.

The screen suddenly goes black, just the backlight showing for 5 or 6 seconds. I then have to press the power button as if turning it on for the first time, the white apple logo with the black screen comes up (and makes the characteristic opening sound) and then presents me with my log in screen. When I log in the loading bar comes up below my login name, as if it's just done an update or something. It loads for 10 or 15 seconds before starting up. All my applications have been closed etc.

What could be causing this? How can I fix it?

It's a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), fully updated to Mojave 10.14.5. Battery is showing "replace soon"

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2019 2:23 PM

I don't think you read the second link I posted.

Random shutdowns usually result from hardware failures such as a disk drive or faulty memory or faulty motherboard.

5 replies

MacBook Pro (Late 2013) Randomly Shutting Off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.