Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB not booting

Hello, I have OS X Lion and I am trying to make a Windows seven USB. I have used Bootcamp, diskutil, and UnetBootin.

MacBook

Posted on May 30, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:55 AM

AFAIK you must use Bootcamp Assistant to create your Windows installer because Bootcamp Assistant provides the necessary Windows Apple drivers for the Win7 installer. If this did not work, then try using another USB drive since not all USB sticks are compatible when it comes to booting a Mac.

Is the Win7 installer source on DVD or an .iso image?

Is the Win7 installer a retail copy or is it for another OEM system such as Dell, HP, etc.?

Is Win7 32bit or 64bit?

What happens when you try to install Win7 with the Bootcamp Assistant Win7 installer?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 6:55 AM in response to adam312

AFAIK you must use Bootcamp Assistant to create your Windows installer because Bootcamp Assistant provides the necessary Windows Apple drivers for the Win7 installer. If this did not work, then try using another USB drive since not all USB sticks are compatible when it comes to booting a Mac.

Is the Win7 installer source on DVD or an .iso image?

Is the Win7 installer a retail copy or is it for another OEM system such as Dell, HP, etc.?

Is Win7 32bit or 64bit?

What happens when you try to install Win7 with the Bootcamp Assistant Win7 installer?

USB not booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.