Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to High Sierra On my Mac folders disappeared

Just updated to High Sierra and after opening Mail I don't see any of the folders I had created in On my Mac. As a matter of fact, the whole On my Mac section is gone.

Looking into my user/Library/Mail folder I can see a folder named "Mailboxes" and inside are all the missing folders I created, but not as folders rather as banking.mbox files (each file has the name of the folder I created. When I do a get info on any of them, they seem to hold all the mails in them because they show as 620 MB and so. I tried to import them Mail>File>Import Mailboxes>import as Files in mbox format but it tells me that it cannot be done because no valid mbox where found.

Any ideas how to get On my Mac back in Mail, with all the folders and files in them?

Thanks,

JC

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on May 30, 2019 9:58 AM

8 replies

May 30, 2019 10:19 AM in response to Jc

Jc wrote:

No, like I said, that entire "On My Mac" section is missing on the sidebar.

JC

PD - I just realized that the "On My Mac" section was not showing because no folders where created. Just created a dummy one and the section does show now...BUT none of my previously created folders show in it.

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Restore mailboxes and their content in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

May 30, 2019 10:22 AM in response to Jc

Jc wrote:

What I need to figure out is how to restore all those folders that do appear inside user/Library/Mail/Mailboxes (that seemingly contain all y mails) but do not show in the Mail sidebar.

JC

Finder>Go>Go To Folder, copy and paste:

~/Library/Mail

You can restore the mail folder or the V6 (Mojave)

https://www.lifewire.com/find-and-open-stored-attachments-1172808

After update to High Sierra On my Mac folders disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.