Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail folders have disappeared

I opened Mac Mail this morning and all my mail folders have disappeared and I'm being prompted to 'Choose a Mail Account Provider...'. Its as if my entire mail setup has just vanished. Last thing I did last night was to close Mac Mail in the evening which is what I usually do before backup. Yesterday my mail folders were present and mail itself appeared to be working normally.

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:08 PM

Try this first...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

4 replies

Feb 18, 2021 4:37 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes it is. I've ended up setting up the office 365 account again and so that side of things is fine. It's all my other emails from previous pop accounts that I archived in separate folders in mac mail. I'll have to retrieve these from backup. Just really strange for everything to be wiped from one day to the next and nothing else change in the environment. Quite a few hits on this in google search that go way back so does not appear to be a new issue.

Mac Mail folders have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.