Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to share an Apple ID when I was a kid with my aunt, now that Im old enough to have my own I want to keep the songs on my old iPod.

How can I put my old iPods (3) on my account without losing the music I purchased on her account? I just don't want to loose the music that I've purchased and have to repurchase them. There is quite a lot. I have a Nano, a shuffle, and a iPod with video I believe. I also don't talk to said aunt so I can't just continue to use her account.

iPod Nano

Posted on May 30, 2019 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 12:37 PM

There's nothing you need to do.

None of the iPods you mention can be specifically tied to an account, and music bought from the iTunes store is not DRM protected, so you can continue to use the music you bought on your iPods.

1 reply

I used to share an Apple ID when I was a kid with my aunt, now that Im old enough to have my own I want to keep the songs on my old iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.