Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp is freezing in the middle of "Partitioning Disk" status while installing windows 10 pro

Hello,

I am trying to install windows 10 pro (the last 3 versions from April 2018 to may 2019) using Boot Camp on my new iMac 27inch 2019 unsuccessfully now for the last 2 days with no success. I tried everything now starting from deleting the new partitions using terminal alone and disk utility alone and together to reseting the SMC and NVRAM and nothing helped me. My iMac has the latest i9 processor with 2x4gb + 2x16 crucial RAM and the original 2 TB HHD Fusion drive and is updated to the latest Mac version.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 30, 2019 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 6:57 PM

besher484 wrote:

Would it help if I upgraded to SSD drive? I am thinking about that anyways.

I assume you can return the current iMac and buy one with a large enough SSD to satisfy our needs. I suggest you test the SSD one first and verify that Windows can be installed, before you commit to it.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2019 6:57 PM in response to besher484

besher484 wrote:

Would it help if I upgraded to SSD drive? I am thinking about that anyways.

I assume you can return the current iMac and buy one with a large enough SSD to satisfy our needs. I suggest you test the SSD one first and verify that Windows can be installed, before you commit to it.

Bootcamp is freezing in the middle of "Partitioning Disk" status while installing windows 10 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.