Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods not holding charge

My AirPods battery is always low. This recently happened. When I put the AirPods in the charging case it immediately shows that it’s at 100% but as soon as I take it out and put in my ears it says “battery low” and I can from my battery notification panel that it’s battery level is red.

I have tried all sorts, I have left it in the charging case for hours but still the battery level goes to red immediately I take them out the case. Please advise.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2019 9:12 PM

Hi A_ziz,

Have you tried cleaning your AirPods? The connectors may be pretty dirty. This can lead to issues with charging and maintaining a charge.

For information regarding cleaning your AirPods, Apple Support, has a support document: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208729

If you still have issues with maintaining a charge after cleaning, you might want to take them to your local Apple Store so they can see if there's an issue with the batteries. To locate your local Apple Store, click here.

Have a Great Day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2019 9:12 PM in response to A_ziz

Hi A_ziz,

Have you tried cleaning your AirPods? The connectors may be pretty dirty. This can lead to issues with charging and maintaining a charge.

For information regarding cleaning your AirPods, Apple Support, has a support document: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208729

If you still have issues with maintaining a charge after cleaning, you might want to take them to your local Apple Store so they can see if there's an issue with the batteries. To locate your local Apple Store, click here.

Have a Great Day!

AirPods not holding charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.