Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone call and face time won’t work

Every time I try to make a regular call or FaceTime call, it doesn’t work, it keeps saying FaceTime unavailable whenever I try to call people. And when I regular call I can’t hear nothing and it won’t even let me put the phone speaker. Somebody help me please 🤦🏾‍♂️

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 30, 2019 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2019 8:02 PM

Okay, there could be a few different reasons for why you're having this problem.

1. WiFi - test the WiFi on your iPhone by simply connecting to your WiFi and turning off cellular data and looking something up in Safari. If the connection is good and you can look up the page, this isn't your issue
  2. Data - test your cellular data by turning off WiFi and looking up a page in Safari, same as the WiFi test.

If it's not a problem with either of these try force shutting down your iPhone by holding the lower volume button and power button for about 10 seconds. Then hold the power button to turn the phone back on.

Finally if none of these steps worked try following this guide to help you out: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2019 8:02 PM in response to shamere973

Okay, there could be a few different reasons for why you're having this problem.

1. WiFi - test the WiFi on your iPhone by simply connecting to your WiFi and turning off cellular data and looking something up in Safari. If the connection is good and you can look up the page, this isn't your issue
  2. Data - test your cellular data by turning off WiFi and looking up a page in Safari, same as the WiFi test.

If it's not a problem with either of these try force shutting down your iPhone by holding the lower volume button and power button for about 10 seconds. Then hold the power button to turn the phone back on.

Finally if none of these steps worked try following this guide to help you out: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204027

Phone call and face time won’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.