Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installing current apps with iOS 10.3.3

I have purchased a refurbished ipad with a 4th gen operating system. I cannot install any of the apps I had on my ipad 2. Please help.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 30, 2019 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 9:52 AM

Thank you for sending this potential fix. The only solution that I think might work would be to

install AnyTrans. However, I do not understand which ipad to connect to my pc. I am trying to

transfer the apps from my ipad 2 to the new ipad 4. Which one do I connect? If I connect the

new one, I cannot see how the old apps would get onto it. Please clarify, and thanks again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 9:52 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you for sending this potential fix. The only solution that I think might work would be to

install AnyTrans. However, I do not understand which ipad to connect to my pc. I am trying to

transfer the apps from my ipad 2 to the new ipad 4. Which one do I connect? If I connect the

new one, I cannot see how the old apps would get onto it. Please clarify, and thanks again.

May 31, 2019 10:40 AM in response to cardmaker4

You cannot transfer apps from one device to another. All apps must be downloaded and installed from the App Store. You would download your already purchased apps by singing into the App Store with your AppleID and then tap your purchase history and download from the list there.

However, a 4th gen iPad cannot be updated beyond iOS 10.3.3 so if an App Developer has updated their app(s) for iOS 12 and removed their older versions from the store, you may find you cannot install those on your older device. Use the link Rudegar provided to check if an older version of the app is still available in the App Store to download. If there is not one though, then you simply can no longer run that Developer’s app(s) on your 4th gen iPad.

installing current apps with iOS 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.