Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.3.1) - Random screen recording

Since upgrading to iOS 12.3.1, my iPhone XS Max keeps randomly starting to record my screen...it has done it four times so far, all at completely random times using different things, anyone else experienced this?

• Jason

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 6:15 AM

I recommend you to backup all your data first (and restore it after doing 2nd step): How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then restore iPhone to it's original state: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Doing that will probably fix the issue, otherwise it's most likely hardware issue - repairing your phone is nearest Apple Store responsibility - feel free to contact them!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 6:15 AM in response to Jason Dutton

I recommend you to backup all your data first (and restore it after doing 2nd step): How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then restore iPhone to it's original state: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Doing that will probably fix the issue, otherwise it's most likely hardware issue - repairing your phone is nearest Apple Store responsibility - feel free to contact them!

iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.3.1) - Random screen recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.