Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages

Pages does not allow me to make changes to original documents. I need to make a copy and change that.

Posted on May 31, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 11:27 AM

Hi Barry,

Permissions where you are allowed to read & write, or write only got screwed up in what I think was a recent upgrade. I suddenly could only read documents. I couldn't change documents. I had to make a copy and change the copy.

The Apple address I went to was: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

It walked me through, step by step, to a successful conclusion. I can now read and write again.

I hope this helps.

uffda75

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 11:27 AM in response to Barry

Hi Barry,

Permissions where you are allowed to read & write, or write only got screwed up in what I think was a recent upgrade. I suddenly could only read documents. I couldn't change documents. I had to make a copy and change the copy.

The Apple address I went to was: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203538

It walked me through, step by step, to a successful conclusion. I can now read and write again.

I hope this helps.

uffda75

May 31, 2019 2:45 PM in response to uffda75

Letters folder, located in your home directory on your startup drive, or where? Are you running any anti-virus or so-called "Mac cleaner" products?

Click on menu : About This Mac. On that panel click on the version number beneath the larger macOS High Sierra name. What string is in the parentheses after the 10.13.6? The following is fully updated with all Security updates:

and may be necessary for full Pages 8 functionality. I am running Pages 8 on both the preceding High Sierra, as well as macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and it does not prevent me editing documents created by it or earlier Pages versions.

Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.