Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I name my document in pages? All exposers say Blank page

All pages docs I’ve sent are titled “Blank Pages”. How do I rename them before exporting ?

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 8:47 AM

Although you can create a new Pages document with a blank template, leave it named as Untitled, and export a blank PDF in that manner, whose name will also be Untitled.pdf — you should not.

Instead, the first thing you do when you create a new Pages document is use the File menu > Save… menu item. This not only allows you to give it a proper document name, and enabled Pages autosave feature, but it also gives you a more granular choice of save location. When you click that down arrow on the following dialog, it opens to a full Finder view, giving you more choices of save location than offered by clicking the Untitled name in the document title bar.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Jillianna1109

Although you can create a new Pages document with a blank template, leave it named as Untitled, and export a blank PDF in that manner, whose name will also be Untitled.pdf — you should not.

Instead, the first thing you do when you create a new Pages document is use the File menu > Save… menu item. This not only allows you to give it a proper document name, and enabled Pages autosave feature, but it also gives you a more granular choice of save location. When you click that down arrow on the following dialog, it opens to a full Finder view, giving you more choices of save location than offered by clicking the Untitled name in the document title bar.

How do I name my document in pages? All exposers say Blank page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.