Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“This accessory may not be supported”

I have tried multiple different chargers, brands of chargers and even methods of charging. No matter which cord I use though, I keep getting a message reading “This accessory may not be supported” After doing some research, I found that usually this means the cord isn’t verified by Apple, however some of the cords I was trying were Apple manufactured cords. If anyone knows how to fix this or has any recommendations about how to go about this, please don’t hesitate to help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2019 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 9:23 PM

kayleerichard wrote:

I keep getting a message reading “This accessory may not be supported” After doing some research, I found that usually this means the cord isn’t verified by Apple,

The message may mean one or all of the following:

• The cord may have an issue
  • The charger may have an issue
  • The outlet may have an issue (e.g., not plugged directly into a wall or computer)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 9:23 PM in response to kayleerichard

kayleerichard wrote:

I keep getting a message reading “This accessory may not be supported” After doing some research, I found that usually this means the cord isn’t verified by Apple,

The message may mean one or all of the following:

• The cord may have an issue
  • The charger may have an issue
  • The outlet may have an issue (e.g., not plugged directly into a wall or computer)

“This accessory may not be supported”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.