Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app search function not working

I have a macair running High Sierra OS. The mail app search function is not working. There are no filters presented when I type into the search box and all the emails disappear. I have tried reindexing Spotlight to no avail.

MacBook Air 13", 10.13

Posted on May 31, 2019 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 4:17 PM

I eventually fixed this problem. I loaded the mail program and from the "Mailbox" menu i did a rebuild of the specific mailbox. This however did not initially solve the problem but it resolved itself after I did a shutdown and reboot of the system. Thanks to all for chipping in with some ideas.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 4:17 PM in response to egapelr

I eventually fixed this problem. I loaded the mail program and from the "Mailbox" menu i did a rebuild of the specific mailbox. This however did not initially solve the problem but it resolved itself after I did a shutdown and reboot of the system. Thanks to all for chipping in with some ideas.

Mail app search function not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.