Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening and ending tag mismatch

Photo app displays "Opening and ending tag mismatch" when I attempt to share photos to Flickr.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 31, 2019 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2019 11:06 PM

Apple does no longer support the sharing of photos to Flickr or facebook from Photos. In Photos 4.0 on Mojave the sharing extensions for Flickr and Facebook have been completely removed. This my also have impacts on the sharing of photos from earlier versions of Photos. I cannot test this on my Macs, because I am using Photos 4.0 on Mojave.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2019 11:06 PM in response to caleymec

Apple does no longer support the sharing of photos to Flickr or facebook from Photos. In Photos 4.0 on Mojave the sharing extensions for Flickr and Facebook have been completely removed. This my also have impacts on the sharing of photos from earlier versions of Photos. I cannot test this on my Macs, because I am using Photos 4.0 on Mojave.

Jun 1, 2019 9:47 AM in response to Muriel Areno

Apple stoped the sharing to Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo integration last year when Mojave came out. This social media can no longer be set up in the system preferences as sharing accounts. The reason given was the improved security measures in Mojave and iOS 11 and 12. The ApplePhotos User Guide recommends to purchase sharing extensions from the AppStore to share photos to social media. The problem is, I have not yet found any sharing extensions to replace the old sharing to Flickr. I hope they will come soon, see: Share photos using other apps and websites in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Apple did not yet update the Photos 3.0 / High Sierra version of this Help page. It still pretends that the built-in sharing extensions are working.

Opening and ending tag mismatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.