Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant share photos. When I hover over the share button, the program closes and I get an error message.

When my cursor hovers over the share button in a photo I want to share, the program quits and an error message appears. Why can't I share a photo?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 8:28 AM

Wow that's crazy. I don't know what's going on, but the first things to try are these:

1. Restart the computer (of course)
  2. Rebuild your Photos Library by closing Photos and re-launching by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  3. Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  4. Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  5. Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2022 8:28 AM in response to christianefromvictoria

Wow that's crazy. I don't know what's going on, but the first things to try are these:

1. Restart the computer (of course)
  2. Rebuild your Photos Library by closing Photos and re-launching by option-command-clicking the app icon.
  3. Make a new user and see if the same problem recurs with it
  4. Use another library if you have one, or make a small test Library with a few pictures in it and see if the same thing happens.
  5. Start in Safe Mode (different for different computers)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support 

I cant share photos. When I hover over the share button, the program closes and I get an error message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.