Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update address on my contact card

Hello, I am unable to update my address on my contact card. I have changed it multiple times, restarted the phone, changed it again and it still reflects my old address. Maybe it is synching with something else that may have my old address? I have gone through my phone looking for any app/program that would have my old address, but I don't see anything showing the old address.

In turn, it keeps pulling my old address when I try to use autofill. If I go to autofill to update, it just asks me to select my contact card that I want to pull the autofill data from. I can't manually tell it the updated address to use. I thought of just creating a new contact card, but I really shouldn't have to do that. I should be able to change my address!

I am using an iPhone 10, software 12.2. I do not use facebook, so it is not synching from that. Please help!

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 6:56 AM

If you are syncing contacts in Settings/Your Name/iCloud, try going there and turning off Contacts syncing. Change your card and see if the change remains without reverting back to the old address. If it does, turn iCloud syncing back on to see if the change remains.

If the card reverts after turning syncing back on, go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser and make the change there. Then see if the change remains or if it reverts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 6:56 AM in response to eebee717

If you are syncing contacts in Settings/Your Name/iCloud, try going there and turning off Contacts syncing. Change your card and see if the change remains without reverting back to the old address. If it does, turn iCloud syncing back on to see if the change remains.

If the card reverts after turning syncing back on, go to iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser and make the change there. Then see if the change remains or if it reverts.

Can't update address on my contact card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.