Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing contacts on iphone7

hi

I have an Iphone 7, I just realized that most of my contacts(mostly recently added) are missing and I can't recover them.

I updated my IOS after I realized the problem to 12.3.1 but it won't work and I still can't see my contacts.

Please help me with this issue urgently , my contacts are so important for my work.

P.s. how can I chat with a tech support online? I have done it before but now I don't find it on the official apple website.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 7:03 AM

Go to settings>contacts>default account - change this setting to each account to see if your contacts show up. I use iCloud as the default so any email account I use does not matter. Here is a link that will help - Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

This is going to involve going to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts - possibly cycling this off and on to realign everything.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 7:03 AM in response to lilia81

Go to settings>contacts>default account - change this setting to each account to see if your contacts show up. I use iCloud as the default so any email account I use does not matter. Here is a link that will help - Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

This is going to involve going to settings>Apple ID (your name at the top)>iCloud>contacts - possibly cycling this off and on to realign everything.

Jun 1, 2019 6:35 AM in response to lilia81

Contacts in iPhone are never stored in iPhone but they are synced with some account. I got a clue from your statement "my contacts are so important for my work"

Please check Settings > General > Device Management

Are there any organisation added and synced with your iPhone contacts?

If, I am sure, yes, try and sync them again and all your contacts will be back. Contact the system administrator of your organisation and keep her/him posted.

If no, Settings > Password and Accounts > [Any Account that previously existed and is not there now]

Add it and all your contacts will be back.

missing contacts on iphone7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.