Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health decreases fast

Hello, I got my IPhone X almost 2 months ago with 98% battery health. My battery health is now 94%.

I mostly charge in overnight or if I charge it throughout the day I plug it around 35% and it charges to about 80%. Why does my battery health feel 4% for 2 months?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:44 AM

According to Apple, a battery is considered defective if it has less then 80% maximum capacity at less than 500 full recharge cycles. What you are seeing actually does not seem unusual and I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Ref: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan - Apple

3 replies

Jun 1, 2019 9:57 AM in response to _katherinem

The current battery trend does not necessarily mean that it would drop as you are stating in the future. However, it is really up to you if you are concerned about it. As such, you can make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

Here are a few articles you may find helpful before the visit with the Genius Bar:

Battery health decreases fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.