Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery Health dropped to 97% in two months.

I bought a brand-new iPhone 11 in mid-April. As per suggestions from trusted sources always kept my battery between 20 and 80 percent charge. However, today I saw my battery health at 97%. It has only been a little over two months. Is it normal for battery health to drop 3% in two months? What more should I do to maximize my battery's health?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 7:03 AM

Yes, perfectly normal.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 7:03 AM in response to mohimanulhoque

Yes, perfectly normal.

Batteries degrade over time with usage due to chemical aging, that's just how they work.

You can expect about a 1% drop per month with average use on an iPhone.

Apple recommends replacing it when it reaches 80%. To check your battery health, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health.

iPhone Battery Replacement.

iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

About Lithium Ion Batteries

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some tips on maximizing battery life.

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Jul 4, 2023 7:04 AM in response to mohimanulhoque

You should be plugging the phone into the charger every night and leaving it connected all night, every night.

With Optimized Battery Charging enabled on your phone, it is impossible to over charge the phone. Few users realize that the "charger" is in the phone.

A decline of about 1% a month is normal. Some months the battery may not decline at all and other months it might drop 2%.

At a year, the battery will be at about 88-90%. At two years, it will be time to replace the battery.

Battery Health dropped to 97% in two months.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.