Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account recovery

I was trying to recover account on my new phone when I didn’t need to on my new XR. I had to wait 24 hours to do this and it is staying on the same page and when I press ‘Done’ nothing happens. I have also accidentally unpaired both phones so now I cannot click off the page on my new phone.

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 7:29 AM

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password

If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period.

Here's how it works

Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password. For security reasons, it might take several days or longer before you can use your account again. 

The fastest and easiest way to reset your password is from an Apple device. Before you start the account recovery waiting period, try to reset your forgotten password on a trusted device. Or borrow a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and use the Find My iPhone app to reset your password. You can even visit an Apple Store and ask to use a device on site.

If you're unsuccessful using any of these methods, go to appleid.apple.com and choose Forgot Apple ID or password. Provide as much information as you can, then start the account recovery waiting period. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it's important so that we can keep your account and information safe.

What comes next?

After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

Check the status or cancel your request

• At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.
  • In some cases, if you know your Apple ID password, you might be able to provide credit-card details to shorten the wait time. If you’re given the option to confirm your credit-card details, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*
  • If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

* Apple Pay doesn't work as a credit card. If you enter your credit-card details correctly, and are asked to reenter your security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might have declined your authorization attempts.

Recover your Apple ID when you can't reset your password - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 7:29 AM in response to barney257

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password

If you use two-factor authentication and can’t sign in or reset your password, you can regain access after an account recovery waiting period.

Here's how it works

Account recovery is a process designed to get you back into your Apple ID account when you don’t have enough information to reset your password. For security reasons, it might take several days or longer before you can use your account again. 

The fastest and easiest way to reset your password is from an Apple device. Before you start the account recovery waiting period, try to reset your forgotten password on a trusted device. Or borrow a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and use the Find My iPhone app to reset your password. You can even visit an Apple Store and ask to use a device on site.

If you're unsuccessful using any of these methods, go to appleid.apple.com and choose Forgot Apple ID or password. Provide as much information as you can, then start the account recovery waiting period. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it's important so that we can keep your account and information safe.

What comes next?

After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

Check the status or cancel your request

• At any time, you can see how long it will be until your account is ready for recovery, or when more information will be available. Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID.
  • In some cases, if you know your Apple ID password, you might be able to provide credit-card details to shorten the wait time. If you’re given the option to confirm your credit-card details, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*
  • If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately.

* Apple Pay doesn't work as a credit card. If you enter your credit-card details correctly, and are asked to reenter your security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might have declined your authorization attempts.

Recover your Apple ID when you can't reset your password - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

Account recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.