Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages app freezes and goes black then exits out to his home screen

My sons iPhone 6 every time he goes to create a new text message he types in a name in the "To" and the app freezes and goes black then exits out to his home screen. he recently updated to the latest software update and it still occurs. Any suggestions on how to fix??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 9:35 AM

Latest software update does not give me any valuable information to me. However, a restart of iPhone may solve the issue. else hard reset

To force restart or hard reset your device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds. After about ten seconds, you should see the Apple logo and can release the buttons. That's it. Now you know how to hard reset your iPhone 6s and iPhone 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 9:35 AM in response to chicocaputo

Latest software update does not give me any valuable information to me. However, a restart of iPhone may solve the issue. else hard reset

To force restart or hard reset your device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds. After about ten seconds, you should see the Apple logo and can release the buttons. That's it. Now you know how to hard reset your iPhone 6s and iPhone 

Messages app freezes and goes black then exits out to his home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.