Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone not working when making call from on Apple Watch 3

It is very frustrating beacuse almost every time I ask Siri on my applewatch to make a call or I make the call from the applewatch the person who I am calling is not hearing me. The microphone is not working and it is not off. Software is up to date on my applewatch and iphone. If someone calls me the microphone works perfectly every time. The problem is only when I am making the calls. I managed to temporary fix this by turning off the wifi and bluetooth from my iphone off for a few seconds and back on. After it is working but only for a while. If I make a call afer longer time the mic will not work. If the person who I am calling is calling back after, the microphone works. I can’t understand this. Why the microphone works only to incoming calls? What should I do? (When I started writing this I turned off the wifi and bluetooth and turned back on and the microphone was working when I made a call. Now after a few minutes I made again a call and it is NOT working again) why is this happening??

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2019 10:41 AM

You say the mic works on incoming calls and with Siri commands. That means the mic itself is working and your problem must be in software so you should be able to fix it.

1. Start with a forced reset to clean up any software or memory glitches. Press and hold the Digital Crown and side button (together, about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release and let the watch reboot.
  2. Check software versions and update if new versions are offered. Do your iPhone first then the watch, because old phone software might not detect later watch versions. You should have (today) iOS 12.3.1 and WatchOS 5.2.1 by the time you finish.
  3. Unpair and re-pair your watch to reload the watch software. (You might not need to do this if you just updated, because the update also loads the new software).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2019 10:41 AM in response to Ryderu

You say the mic works on incoming calls and with Siri commands. That means the mic itself is working and your problem must be in software so you should be able to fix it.

1. Start with a forced reset to clean up any software or memory glitches. Press and hold the Digital Crown and side button (together, about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release and let the watch reboot.
  2. Check software versions and update if new versions are offered. Do your iPhone first then the watch, because old phone software might not detect later watch versions. You should have (today) iOS 12.3.1 and WatchOS 5.2.1 by the time you finish.
  3. Unpair and re-pair your watch to reload the watch software. (You might not need to do this if you just updated, because the update also loads the new software).

Microphone not working when making call from on Apple Watch 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.