Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV gen 3, new tv app problem

On the new tv app, all I get when try to use Watch now, Movies, tv shows or kids are the words Accessing tv and a loading spinner icon. Library works though. I’ve restarted my box numerous times but nothing changes. The app isn’t frozen as I can back up out of it. Am I doing something wrong or is there an issue?

Apple TV 3, 8

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 1:23 PM

I was able to get it to work by removing all of the passcode/pin restrictions that I had set. My 3rd gen was originally in my living room due to my kids and I never took the extra security and password settings off when I moved it into my bedroom. So the app works now, however it doesn’t push show status updates to other devices and only sporadically receives updates from other devices. Sometimes if I add movies or shows to my list from my phone, then they might appear on the 3rd gen. However it doesn’t know where in any episodes that I am. Watching episodes on my 3rd gen doesn’t update update the episode number on my iPhone/Apple tv 4K, etc.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2019 1:23 PM in response to pcmike

I was able to get it to work by removing all of the passcode/pin restrictions that I had set. My 3rd gen was originally in my living room due to my kids and I never took the extra security and password settings off when I moved it into my bedroom. So the app works now, however it doesn’t push show status updates to other devices and only sporadically receives updates from other devices. Sometimes if I add movies or shows to my list from my phone, then they might appear on the 3rd gen. However it doesn’t know where in any episodes that I am. Watching episodes on my 3rd gen doesn’t update update the episode number on my iPhone/Apple tv 4K, etc.

Apple TV gen 3, new tv app problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.