Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listening to music with iPad on compatible hearing aids

I have compatible hearing aids, used on my iPhone, and I want to set up my iPad to listen to music from a favorite app. What settings do I need for my iPad? I get “not available on current route” errors. What do I do next?

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 11:41 AM

5 replies

Jun 4, 2019 8:26 AM in response to Rlbobh

In order to pair your hearing aids to your iPad, first make sure your bluetooth is turned off on your phone. The hearing aids cannot be connected to both at the same time. Then, turn on your iPad's bluetooth and search for your hearing aids.

Go to: Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing > MFi Hearing Devices.

Both hearing devices should appear. If not, try opening and closing the battery doors on your hearing aids.

Under [Devices], select both of your hearing aids. This will pair them to your apple device.

As long as your bluetooth is off on your iphone, you should be able to use your hearing aids with your ipad!

Hope this helps!

Jun 23, 2019 5:21 AM in response to ScottishTad

Maybe I ran into trouble so much before, I do both. But I’ll try with just the Bluetooth on the unwanted device. Much simpler, and simple is worth going for.

But it might also depends on the hearing aid brand.? And perhaps exactly what you want to hear?

anyway, I seem to be able to get it to work.

thanks for your help

Listening to music with iPad on compatible hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.