Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use iPhone to simultaneously play music on a bedroom speaker and other music via wired headphones?

Hi folks,

I need to be able to do the following two things SIMULTANEOUSLY from my iPhone 13 Pro Max. Can someone tell me whether - and how - this is possible:

1. Stream a track from Apple Music to a speaker in my bedroom - my kid falls asleep to it

2.Listen to a podcast via the iOS Podcast app via wired headphones connected to my iPhone

If I use Spotify this works. I can use Spotify to play music on my kid's bedroom speaker, while listening to a podcast with wired headphones at the same time.

I liked the look of Apple Music and wanted to switch to it but it seems that I can't do these things simultaneously with it. I can do one or the other, but not both.

What I want:

iPhone music source #1 (Apple Music) >> Bedroom speaker

iPhone music source #2 (Podcast App) >> Wired headphones

Is this possible? I believe the bedroom speaker is only compatible with Airplay 1.

Any advice much appreciated!

Andrew

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2022 5:36 AM

No, not possible.

1 reply

Can you use iPhone to simultaneously play music on a bedroom speaker and other music via wired headphones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.