Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change the default setting for importing still clips. Currently each clip is .5 seconds long and Ken Burns is turned on. Does anyone know how to change that default setting?

I want to change the default setting for importing still clips. Currently each clip is .5 seconds long and Ken Burns is turned on. Does anyone know how to change that default setting?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Hi,

It's real easy to do. Open iMovie. In the menu at the top, click on iMovie/Preferences. A dialogue box will open. Under Photo Placement change the Ken Burns setting to "Fit". That will remove the Ken Burns effect from the photos in the project.

Then, in the Photo Duration box, type in the default duration that you want.

The settings that you make in the Preferences dialogue box will apply to all projects created after you made the settings. Projects in progress will not be affected.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2019 4:09 PM in response to AWrenn

Hi,

It's real easy to do. Open iMovie. In the menu at the top, click on iMovie/Preferences. A dialogue box will open. Under Photo Placement change the Ken Burns setting to "Fit". That will remove the Ken Burns effect from the photos in the project.

Then, in the Photo Duration box, type in the default duration that you want.

The settings that you make in the Preferences dialogue box will apply to all projects created after you made the settings. Projects in progress will not be affected.

-- Rich

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.