Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not redeem itunes gift card.

I created an iTunes gift card at a zebrapay in romania, but i cant redeem it. i wanna clarify that i LIVE in romania, the itunes gift card was MADE in romania, but somehow it says i cant redeem it because i have to be in the uk store. i wanna ask why didnt i have an option of choosing the romanian RON because when i made the gift card it asked me if i wanna do it either in usd or gbp (currencies) it didnt say it will be in that region, these 25 pounds are now useless, if i wanna change the region, i have to put in a phone number and an adress which is dumb.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:37 AM

Selecting UK and ponds sterling should have given you enough information to tell that it was for the UK store, the Romanian store doesn't use sterling as its currency. Contact the card issuer that you used at the ATM and see if they will refund you.

7 replies

Jun 3, 2019 4:17 AM in response to King_Penguin

it says i have to be in the uk store to be able to redeem it ( i have to change region form romania to uk in apple id) but the thing is that i made this gift card here in romania, at a romanian atm, paying romanian money and now it says i have to be in uk because i chose the currency to be gbp, but i didnt have an option for romanian currency

I can not redeem itunes gift card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.