Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 randomly freezes and reboots when using a USB-C connection

Hello,

I have a Windows 10, that cannot handle the USB-C to USB-C connection, it simply freezes when I connect a Dell U2719DC Monitor to the computer.

I already update both Windows 10 and ATI graphical card, and nothing.

Also tried to use a display port from USB-C to HDMI, and here seems to work 90% of the time but I have encountered random behaviours from it like, rebooting Windows 10 in an infinite loop, and also freezing Windows.

Seems like there is a problem in my Windows 10, when using the USB-C as a display port, but dont know what can be. In this machine I only have 2 USB-Cs, there is no other video ports like DP and HDMI, its an iMac.

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:13 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jun 3, 2019 8:00 AM in response to cyberfec

cyberfec wrote:

This issue started using original BC driver, and then I upgrade it to the latest compatible with BC.

That implies that you have issues with both BC and AMD drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/apple-boot-camp

Driver for:

Driver for iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2014-2017)

Nice. You have done the documented steps in Update AMD graphics drivers for Windows in Boot Camp - Apple Support.

Jun 3, 2019 4:37 AM in response to Loner T

Seems to work properly at least connecting USB-C to USB-C, I have not spend to much time in macOS, but under Windows would result in a system hang immediatly after connect the externa screen.

I believe that there is a bug in the AMD driver for Windows, the latest driver for bootcamp is not the same that AMD have for other pcs, seems like the latest driver for bootcamp is an outdated version.

The is the iMac: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-i5-3.4-27-inch-aluminum-retina-5k-mid-2017-specs.html

Windows 10 randomly freezes and reboots when using a USB-C connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.