Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to restore my iPhone but neither of my Macs recognize it

I have an old 6 that suddenly stopped working during a IOS upgrade. I am trying to restore from iTunes as instructed but neither of my 2 Mac's recognize it and hence not seen by iTunes. It charges well and the USB cable works on my iPad so not broken either.

I even tried to reset completely (don't mind doing a new setup), but I don't even get that option. It goes into a loop after each reboot (10 sec holding) so I am stuck.

Any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:50 PM

Greetings andersfromherlev,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone stopped working during an iOS update, and it seems your iPhone is restarting unexpectedly. Additionally, you mentioned iTunes doesn't recognize your device.

Have you had a chance to put your iPhone in recovery mode and then attempt to reinstall iOS? You can see those steps outlined within the following support article: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If iTunes continues to not recognize the device, let's have you follow the suggestions within the following support article: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 4:50 PM in response to andersfromherlev

Greetings andersfromherlev,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone stopped working during an iOS update, and it seems your iPhone is restarting unexpectedly. Additionally, you mentioned iTunes doesn't recognize your device.

Have you had a chance to put your iPhone in recovery mode and then attempt to reinstall iOS? You can see those steps outlined within the following support article: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If iTunes continues to not recognize the device, let's have you follow the suggestions within the following support article: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Let me know how it goes from here.

Cheers.

Trying to restore my iPhone but neither of my Macs recognize it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.