Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 network searching

Hello anyone, i own an unlocke iphone 6 A1586 and when I insert a sim card it goes to searching and never registers the sim, no cell bars, its was running ios 12.1.4 but i upgraded to ios 12.3.1 but still the same. is it possible its unlocked? note icloud works perfectly everything works but being able to use sim. In Phone section in settings the info of the sim card shows however, tried other sim cards same issue. Please help

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 6:20 AM

There are many kind of "lock":

Locked screen (if you set a passcode to unlock it).

Locked Apple ID (if you forgot the password to access your Apple ID)

Locked by carrier (that's what I was thinking answering your question).

Locked because your SIM tray (holder) is faulty and can't read your SIM Card (have it inspected at an Apple Store).

Using iTunes on a computer, where do you see it is unlocked? can you post a screenshot about that?

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 6:20 AM in response to jayd2019

There are many kind of "lock":

Locked screen (if you set a passcode to unlock it).

Locked Apple ID (if you forgot the password to access your Apple ID)

Locked by carrier (that's what I was thinking answering your question).

Locked because your SIM tray (holder) is faulty and can't read your SIM Card (have it inspected at an Apple Store).

Using iTunes on a computer, where do you see it is unlocked? can you post a screenshot about that?

Regards

Giulio

Jun 3, 2019 5:04 AM in response to jayd2019

jayd2019 wrote:

Hello anyone, i own an unlocke iphone 6 A1586 and when I insert a sim card it goes to searching and never registers the sim, no cell bars, its was running ios 12.1.4 but i upgraded to ios 12.3.1 but still the same. is it possible its unlocked? note icloud works perfectly everything works but being able to use sim. In Phone section in settings the info of the sim card shows however, tried other sim cards same issue. Please help

The question should have been: is it possibile it's NOT unlocked?

Check this with the previous carrier and/or the previous owner.

Read also this support guide:

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

iphone 6 network searching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.