Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending a Pages document as an email but not an email attachment

Sending a Pages document as an email but not an email attachment - I published a newsletter for my company. I want to sent it in the body of the email versus a link. I have tried several ways and can't figure it out. It won't copy and paste either (I noticed someone suggested years ago). On a deadline - please help!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 12:28 PM

Hi LecaLeca,

Pages is not an email application. Email applications, including Mail, cannot open Pages documents, but can carry then as attachments (as they can carry other types of file).

You can send the Pages document as an attachment, convert the Pages document to a PDF document, and send that as an attachment, export the Pages document as a Word document (or other document) and send that as an attachment.

Or you can copy the content of the Pages document and paste that content into an email message (which may take several steps if the Pages document contains both text and images or other objects), and send the email.

Be aware that unless the recipient is running a Mac (and unless that Mac has a compatible version of Pages installed), they will be unable to open or read the Pages version of the newsletter.

Mail (and many other email applications) will display a single page PDF document in the body of the message, so your best bet may be to print each page to a PDZF file, name the files to include the page number in the name, then attach the files to your message.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2019 12:28 PM in response to LecaLeca

Hi LecaLeca,

Pages is not an email application. Email applications, including Mail, cannot open Pages documents, but can carry then as attachments (as they can carry other types of file).

You can send the Pages document as an attachment, convert the Pages document to a PDF document, and send that as an attachment, export the Pages document as a Word document (or other document) and send that as an attachment.

Or you can copy the content of the Pages document and paste that content into an email message (which may take several steps if the Pages document contains both text and images or other objects), and send the email.

Be aware that unless the recipient is running a Mac (and unless that Mac has a compatible version of Pages installed), they will be unable to open or read the Pages version of the newsletter.

Mail (and many other email applications) will display a single page PDF document in the body of the message, so your best bet may be to print each page to a PDZF file, name the files to include the page number in the name, then attach the files to your message.

Regards,

Barry

Sending a Pages document as an email but not an email attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.