Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to send an email in Mail with Hyperlinks from an exported document from Pages (even with with substitution/hyperlink checked)

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to send an email from Pages with hyperlinks working. When I do export with the pdf option, and share it with Mail, and then check in the edit/substitutions menu hyperlinks, the message that I send to myself open but with no working hyperlinks...

Is there someone who can help?

Thank you in advance

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 10:19 AM

A hyperlink in an attached PDF in Mail is inoperable until that attachment is saved and opened in a PDF reader, or browser. The Edit Substitutions : Smart Links has nothing to do with making a link work in Mail attached PDF.

4 replies

Jun 17, 2020 7:05 AM in response to bf films

Placing a hyperlink on an image or graphic within Pages is not an officially supported feature of Pages, and will not be documented other than my previous posts in the Pages support community. It would only function when the Pages document would be exported as PDF, and again, certainly not in Apple Mail, but when opened in a browser or PDF reader.

Here is a discussion from May 2019 where I illustrate how to place a hyperlink on an image in Pages. This will work in Pages 10 too.

Not able to send an email in Mail with Hyperlinks from an exported document from Pages (even with with substitution/hyperlink checked)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.