Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change format to pdf or docx when emailing from Pages since new update

Since the latest update to pages whenever I click on share either from the dropdown menu or the menu bar it only lets me send a pages document by email. There is not an option to send a pdf or word doc like there used to be. Because I work with people without macs this is a real inconvenience. I now need to export the file then attach it that way. the extra step is a nuisance.

Please tell me this was an oversight that will be fixed...

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 6:20 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2022 7:38 AM in response to mattgarvin

I wrote an AppleScript/Shortcut solution to deal with this issue for Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura 13.0.1. This solution will prompt you for the output document format {PDF, Word, RTF} from a list and then proceed to export it from Pages and automatically attach it to a Mail compose window. It simulates the original Send a Copy feature that is now removed.

The original script only worked on Pages documents from the local drive, and on Dec 5, I posted some fixes that would allow its usage with documents shared on iCloud Drive > Pages.

See: PAGES: Where did "share as pdf" go? - Apple Community

Can't change format to pdf or docx when emailing from Pages since new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.