Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to email a Pages document as Word or PDF I get a message saying the document doesn't exist. I can sent it as a Page document but I don't know if the other person will be able to open it.

I created a Pages document I want to email. I wanted to send it as a PDF or Word since the other person doesn't have Pages. I selected Share>Send a Copy>Mail>PDF from the document. I get a box saying the document “Ds9/29/20” could not be exported as “20”. The file doesn’t exist. I get the same response if I try sending as Word. I can send as Pages.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2020 10:41 PM

Are you able to use the PDF button in the Print dialogue to Show PDF in Preview?

If so, you should be able to either Save the document from there and place it in your email message as an attachment, or to Copy the image from Preview and pate it into your email document.

Regards,

Barry

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2020 10:41 PM in response to PCattie

Are you able to use the PDF button in the Print dialogue to Show PDF in Preview?

If so, you should be able to either Save the document from there and place it in your email message as an attachment, or to Copy the image from Preview and pate it into your email document.

Regards,

Barry

Oct 26, 2020 8:53 AM in response to PCattie

You are most entirely welcome, PCattie!

May I suggest that this naming conflict issue should be given to Apple as product feedback?

It’s great that Apple makes it so we have great flexibility to name our files as we wish, but when the names conflict with other protocols (such as those used for email—naming of e-mail attachments, in this case) Apple should appropriately rename said files—actually, copies thereof, in this and most cases—rather than producing mysterious misbehaviors, such as what you were experiencing.

After all, most of Apple’s customers are not knowledgeable in all these various protocols, or even in what people using other computer systems can or cannot deal with.

Just a suggestion.

When trying to email a Pages document as Word or PDF I get a message saying the document doesn't exist. I can sent it as a Page document but I don't know if the other person will be able to open it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.