Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

If I join a Family Sharing with someone else as Organizer, will that adversely affect the Apple Music collection I have already?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Hello nbc99705,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that you have a question about what happens to your music collection from Apple Music if you join a Family Sharing group. I would be happy to help provide more information about this process.

The music added to your library when you subscribe to Apple Music is attached to your specific Apple ID. When you join a family group or Apple Music Family subscription, it would not affect your music collection as long as you aren't sharing an Apple ID:

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2019 9:37 AM in response to nbc99705

Hello nbc99705,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I see that you have a question about what happens to your music collection from Apple Music if you join a Family Sharing group. I would be happy to help provide more information about this process.

The music added to your library when you subscribe to Apple Music is attached to your specific Apple ID. When you join a family group or Apple Music Family subscription, it would not affect your music collection as long as you aren't sharing an Apple ID:

Access your music collection on all of your devices with Apple Music - Apple Support

Cheers!

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.