Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 10.3.3 update will not allow me to download apps

Just updated my older ipad to ios 10.3.3 (which is the latest ios available). Now, I cannot update any of my apps. All my apps are affected - facebook, messenger, google maps. When I try to update, it looks like it is going to work, the download circle appears and one tiny dot shows and then it stop and displays "unable to download app." Then it goes back to the app update page. I have rebooted, signed out with my apple id, tried restoring the app from a backup, reset my wifi, and several other things ---- all to no avail.

Please help. My ipad is now basically useless!

Gina

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 5:34 PM

See if this link helps: If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

6 replies

Jun 3, 2019 8:24 PM in response to gnie

Maybe all of these apps have moved on to a higher iOS minimum version, now.

If you had these apps previously on your iPad, go into the iOS App Store app.

In the lower menu, look for Purchased/Purchases and tap this menu option.

Look through all your purchased apps and tap the download “cloud” icon next to apps you wish to re-install on your iPad.

This method should let you get the last iOS 10 compatible versions of all of your apps, if they are all still available.

Best of Luck to You!

Jun 4, 2019 8:20 AM in response to MichelPM

Seems that I have tried everything now and still have the online problem. Last resort was an online chat with apple support and that also was to no avail. Then I was scheduled for a call back this morning at 6am and it is now 825am and no call as of yet.

I am out of ideas! Please help.

Jun 5, 2019 6:57 PM in response to gnie

My daughter is having this same problem- she was unable to download apps on her phone, so we factory reset another phone- a 5c -and logged in using her apple ID. She is completely unable to download any app- not old, not new. The message is not saying why, and we have spent hours trying dozens of suggested fixes. It doesn't seem to be a device issue, as the 5c was working fine and now she's having the exact same problem as her other phone. I have a very sad 14 year old, and a frustrated family who tried to help her to no avail- anyone have any suggestions? I am no tech guru, but is it a problem with her apple ID

ios 10.3.3 update will not allow me to download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.