Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad no app updates available

In an attempt to solve another problem, I restored my iPad to factory settings then restored from a previous backup. This was successful but has thrown up another problem it seems.

Since I did this several days ago, there have been no app updates on my iPad, whereas my iPhone continues to update apps ok (9 today for example).

On my iPad however when I tap on App Store, there are no available updates shown.

I have signed in and out of my account several times, done a hard reset several times, but nothing has worked. I can’t believe that there have been no app updates for my iPad for days, so something must be wrong.

I have read that I should perhaps delete an app and reinstall it from the App Store, but I can’t face the prospect of doing this for all my apps!

I’m stuck now, so anyone any ideas please?

Thanks.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 7:39 AM

Hello beachboy999,

We understand that you're having trouble with your iPad not updating your apps. It is quite possible that there are no updates available, especially with the steps that you've taken. It sounds like you're already familiar with manually updating: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

As a test, you can delete one of the apps and reinstall it. Though it will install the newest version available, so you wouldn't see updates available unless new ones are released after.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 7:39 AM in response to beachboy999

Hello beachboy999,

We understand that you're having trouble with your iPad not updating your apps. It is quite possible that there are no updates available, especially with the steps that you've taken. It sounds like you're already familiar with manually updating: How to manually update apps on your Apple device

As a test, you can delete one of the apps and reinstall it. Though it will install the newest version available, so you wouldn't see updates available unless new ones are released after.

Cheers!

Ipad no app updates available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.