Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checking battery level on my Apple Pencil used with a standard iPad

How do I check the battery level of the Apple Pencil when I have a standard 10.5" iPad.

Any search seems to indicate it can only be done on an iPad Pro.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 7:10 PM

Check in the app Widget panel (swipe right while on the Home screen ) look for the Widgets option and see if there is an Apple Pencil battery widget you can add to the Widgets list.

3 replies

Jun 3, 2019 7:59 PM in response to MichelPM

If you go to the bottom of this page, you'll find an "edit" button which brings you to an "Add Widgets" page. The Battery Widget is one of those options you can add, but it is not there by default. Once added it immediately reported the pencil's charge. I thought this was called the "Notification Panel". The link below calls it the "Today View". If you're on your Mac and select edit, the App Store will open "Notification Center Widgets".

Use widgets on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 3, 2019 8:11 PM in response to John Zwiebel

I use an older version of iOS on my iPad Pro. iOS 10.3.3.

iOS 11 was garbage and iOS 12 still has some issues to solve for iPad Pro models.

I may just wait for the official release of iOS 13 in the Fall of 2019. It is only 4-5 away, now.

The widgets panel in iOS 10 is a swipe right and you are right, the Edit button to add widgets is at the bottom of the page.

My notifications panel appears when I swipe downward from the top of screen of my iPad in iOS 10.3.3.

Checking battery level on my Apple Pencil used with a standard iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.