Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK Apple Gift Card to UK App Store Credit

Hello,

I have an Apple Gift Card saved in my wallet after selling back old iPhones in a store in London. I’m now travelling internationally for the next 4 months and would like to know how I can use the funds to add credit to my iTunes credit to purchase Apps and books in iBooks.

I can’t seem to pay for an iTunes gift card using the gift card in my Wallet in the Apple Store app by emailing it to my wife (and vice versa).

Surely in 2019 Apple’s monetary credit is credit within the entire ecosystem, right?

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to make my gift card in my Wallet the primary “card” of Apple Pay?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 12:19 AM

Apple Store gift cards can only be used in Apple shops and their online store, you can't transfer it to your iTunes account nor use it to buy an iTunes gift card (gifts can't be used to buy other gift cards) - Apple shops and iTunes are two separate stores.

Similar questions

5 replies

UK Apple Gift Card to UK App Store Credit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.