Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to my car as a media device

Hi everyone!

I used to connect my Iphone 6 to my car by means of a USB cable, and I was able to listen to any media content I had on my phone (Spotify, Youtube, whatever) directly streamed to the car's speakers. I don't use Apple Music, so I decided to clean its content and remove those annoying songs by U2. Since that very moment, my Iphone was no longer able to connect to the car. How is that possible? How can I fix it (without putting music in it again)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Filippo

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 1:32 AM

3 replies

Jun 4, 2019 4:29 PM in response to filippo226

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities filippo226,

I see that you're having an issue connecting your iPhone via USB to your car. I listen to music from my iPhone in my car all the time, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Take a look at the following article with some steps that can help. If you're still using the USB connection, look specifically at the section titled "If you connect using USB playback".

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Cannot connect to my car as a media device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.