iphone 15 will not find my Buick for apple car play, even though it synched with my Buick InelliLink

My blue tooth connection is synched and I can play music from my itunes wirelessly on my car's stereo. But for some reason when I try to set up apple car play in my iphone settings, it does not find my vehicle and my phone will not project onto my screen, even if I use the correct USB connector

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 8:41 AM

Hey there Wolkthisway,

CarPlay may not be available via Bluetooth on your vehicle. You'll want to follow the guide we've shared below to get things up and running.

Connect iPhone to CarPlay

Have a good one!

2 replies

Oct 27, 2023 2:06 PM in response to Wolkthisway

So folks here was the answer. When you buy an iphone 14 or 15, you can't just plug any wire that will fit the iphone (USB-C) and the car (USB-A). The ptoblem was that I used a wire we had used for the iphone to plug into one of those power cubes- and it works to charge the phone in the house or the car.

But apparently, there are different grades of these wires, and I needed a different grade to actually get my apple car play to work. Simply using a different random wire we had in the house did the trick.

It wasn;t a problem with my car, or with my ohone

iphone 15 will not find my Buick for apple car play, even though it synched with my Buick InelliLink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.