Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie isn't "exporting" anymore. How can I save my iMovie?

iMovie isn't "exporting" anymore. How can I save my iMovie? I've tried all options under 'Share" in the "File" pulldown. But, nothing is showing up on my hard drive. PLEASE help me ASAP! I am a video artist, and I have a new show coming up soon, and I need my video to WORK!!!

Thanks.

Alan, a life long customer

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2019 7:38 AM

Hi, Alan,

If your computer specs allow, make sure that it is updated to current iMovie 10.1.11 and Mojave.

Sometimes deleting preferences resolves export problems. To do that, open iMovie 10 while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out your project.

Also, sometimes troublesome issues can be confined to just one project. Try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. See if that cures the sharing out problem.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2019 7:38 AM in response to AlanBradenton

Hi, Alan,

If your computer specs allow, make sure that it is updated to current iMovie 10.1.11 and Mojave.

Sometimes deleting preferences resolves export problems. To do that, open iMovie 10 while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can share out your project.

Also, sometimes troublesome issues can be confined to just one project. Try doing an Edit/Select All, Edit/Copy, of the media in your project and then Edit/Paste it into a newly created project. See if that cures the sharing out problem.

-- Rich

iMovie isn't "exporting" anymore. How can I save my iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.